nanog mailing list archives

Re: did facebook just DoS me?

From: Christopher Morrow <morrowc.lists () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2017 19:15:19 -0600

On Tue, Apr 4, 2017 at 7:03 PM, Kurt Kraut <listas () kurtkraut net> wrote:

Hello Christopher,

I hardly belive it. IP addresses not allocated to servers were receiving
attack, a whole /22 was attacked and it was solely used for servers
(including IP addresses not allocated to devices), not for computers with
user interface or mobile devices that could actually use Facebook. And if I
recall it correctly, it was SSDP amplification attack.

oh so some mis-config in their network/policy and exploitation by other
folks :( bummer.

Best regards,

Kurt Kraut