nanog mailing list archives

Re: Juniper Advertise MED on EBGP session.

From: Ruairi Carroll <ruairi.carroll () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2017 17:06:18 +0100

Unless I'm going insane, I think you're trying to use the IGP metric as
MED?

If so, then :
https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos12.3/topics/topic-map/bgp-med.html#jd0e3487

/Ruairi

On 21 February 2017 at 16:26, Leo Bicknell <bicknell () ufp org> wrote:

I tried to pull an old trick out of my playbook this morning and
failed.  I'd like to advertise BGP Metrics on an EBGP session,
specifically the existing internal metrics.  I know how to do this
on a Cisco, but I tried on a Juniper and it seems to be impossible.

I can set a metric in a policy, or put a default metric on the
session as a whole, or even set it to IGP.  But none of those are
what I want.  I want the existing metrics advertised as-is, just
like would be done over an IBGP session.  After an hour of reading
documentation and trying a few things, I'm starting to think it
may be impossible on JunOS.

Anyone have a tip or trick?

--
Leo Bicknell - bicknell () ufp org