nanog mailing list archives

Re: BGP route processing speed

Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2017 17:55:17 +0100

Hey Sriram,

hope, you are doing fine.

my BSc thesis from 2010 might be relevant to what you are looking for.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5kLBHCcFJjFZk5RTUtwbUstbm8/view?usp=sharing

Best,
Sebastian

Sriram, Kotikalapudi (Fed) schrieb:
I am interested in measurements related to BGP route processing speed

(i.e. routing engine capacity in terms of routes or updates processed per second).

Folks from AMS-IX did an interesting study in 2012

in their Route Server / IXP environment.

https://ams-ix.net/downloads/ams-ix-route-server-implementations-performance.pdf

Are there other measurement studies available

on this topic, especially in ISP/PE router scenarios,

including BGP policy processing, best path selection, route filtering, etc.?

Will appreciate much if you can share some pointers.

Sriram