nanog mailing list archives

Re: Long AS Path

From: James Bensley <jwbensley () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2017 12:31:33 +0100

On 24 June 2017 at 13:10, Mel Beckman <mel () beckman org> wrote:
James,

By "experienced by someone else" I mean someone who is not one of your customers.

The better strategy, I think, is to not filter long paths unless you have a reason to see their creating a problem.
Otherwise you're just operating on superstition, no?

-mel via cell

Hi Mel,

I mean this as a rhetorical question as we could talk until the end of
time about this; what is the difference between operating on
superstition and trying to be pro-active? Both for me fall under the
category of "risk management".

Cheers,
James.