nanog mailing list archives

Re: Hurricane Maria: Summary of communication status - and lack of

From: Sean Donelan <sean () donelan com>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2017 16:44:28 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 2 Oct 2017, Sean Donelan wrote:
On Sun, 1 Oct 2017, valdis.kletnieks () vt edu wrote:
I haven't seen any reports of a Teamster union refusal. I *have* seen
reports that only 10-30% of truck drivers are operational, because of
one or more of:

You're lucky. The bots have been pushing this very hard for several days. I don't know the local context or groups involved. There are at least two different groups

Snopes has published an article debunking this. But bots are still pushing it.

Did Puerto Rico's Teamsters Union Go on Strike During Hurricane Maria Relief Efforts? Reports that truck drivers are on strike in Puerto Rico are false -- Teamsters have asked mainland truckers to distribute supplies in the U.S. territory.

http://www.snopes.com/puerto-rico-teamsters/