nanog mailing list archives

Re: USA local SIM card

From: "J. Hellenthal" <jhellenthal () dataix net>
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2017 12:43:44 -0500

Ting isn’t too bad either for pricing but can’t speak to service quality but we have a few people that use them and
haven’t heard much complaints.

https://ting.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMInKW-mOKs1gIVglqGCh2CvQcDEAAYASAAEgLVSPD_BwE

--
 Onward!,
 Jason Hellenthal,

On Sep 17, 2017, at 12:15, Brielle Bruns <bruns () 2mbit com> wrote:

On 9/17/2017 11:07 AM, Max Tulyev wrote:
Hi All,
sorry for possible off-topic, I really did not know where to ask this.
I'm going to visit USA for two weeks. I want to buy a local prepaid SIM
card mostly for IP access.
Is it possible in USA to buy a prepaid SIM as a visitor, without long
term contract?
I need a public (can be dynamic) IP address, NOT over NAT, and (or)
IPv6, if possible.
My phone is GSM UMTS 3G.
Expected traffic volume is about 10G.
Will use it in New York City and Orlando City, not in rural areas.
Good data roaming tariff in Cannada will be a big advantage.
What can you advice?
Thank you!

Walmart has the prepaid no contract Straight Talk plans that can be on VZW, T-Mobile, or AT&T.  Grab a BYOD kit either
from a Walmart store or order online.

I keep a mobile hotspot deactivated and ready to add a service plan to for my customers if they have an outage.

--
Brielle Bruns
http://www.sosdg.org    /     http://www.ahbl.org