nanog mailing list archives

Re: Reliability of looking glass sites / rviews

From: alessandro.improta () iit cnr it
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2017 23:43:36 +0200

Hello Matthew,
   I think you may be interested in Isolario (www.isolario.it). It's a
route collector which offer real-time analyses in change of full routing
tables. Let me know if you want more details about that!

Best regards,
Alessandro

Il 2017-09-13 11:30 Matthew Huff ha scritto:
This weekend our uninterruptible power supply became interruptible and
we lost all circuits. While I was doing initial debugging of the
problem while I waited on site power verification, I noticed that
there was still paths being shown in rviews for the circuit that were
down. This was over an hour after we went hard down and it took hours
before we were back up.

I worked with our providers last night to verify there weren't any
hanging static routes, etc... We shut the upstream circuit down and
watched the convergence and saw that eventually all the paths
disappeared. Given what we saw on Saturday, what would cause
route-views to cache the paths that long?  Some looking glass sites
only show what they are peered with or at most what their peers are
peered with, that's why I've always used route-views.

What looking glass sites other than route-views would people recommend?