nanog mailing list archives

Re: CPE that support 1G with BGP multihomed

From: Blake Hudson <blake () ispn net>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2017 08:34:00 -0500

marcel.duregards--- via NANOG wrote on 9/26/2017 4:29 AM:
Currently on Cisco side, we see the following candidates:

- ASR 1001-x
- ASR 1002
- ISR 4431, 4451
- ISR G2 2921 + 2951 + 3925(E)  (EoL soon, so we are currently in the
process of evaluating other solution).

Keep in mind the ASR1002 is also EoL, and only the configuration with upgraded RAM and ESP10 would meet your stated need for a full BGP table (the ESP2.5/5 does not have enough FIB memory to store the full routing table). The 1001-X offers the pay as you go model, so you may want to check with Cisco regarding FIB availability at different license price points. I believe the ASR9001 would also meet your needs; I don't have experience with the other options.