nanog mailing list archives

Re: Should ISP block child pornography?

From: Bryan Fields <Bryan () bryanfields net>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2018 19:21:43 -0500

On 12/11/18 11:43 AM, Larry Allen wrote:
On Tue, Dec 11, 2018, 10:56 William Anderson <neuro () well com wrote:

On Fri, 7 Dec 2018 at 06:08, Lotia, Pratik M <Pratik.Lotia () charter com>
wrote:

Hello all, was curious to know the community’s opinion on whether an ISP
should block domains hosting CPE (child pornography exploitation) content?
Interpol has a ‘worst-of’ list which contains such domains and it wants
ISPs to block it.

This already happens in the UK, and has done for years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Child_abuse_image_content_list

I can't imagine a single rational argument against this.

I've fixed your broken quoting.

The simple argument against this; once a system is in place to block cp, it
can be used for other things.  Don't like a political party? lets add it as
extreme "speech" to the list, then we can add AR-15 3d plans and it goes down
from there.

--
Bryan Fields

727-409-1194 - Voice