nanog mailing list archives

Re: Stupid Question maybe?

From: Grant Taylor via NANOG <nanog () nanog org>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2018 09:18:50 -0700

On 12/20/2018 02:47 AM, Saku Ytti wrote:
Aye. I'd recommend not advertise your linknetworks at all, and let customers either opt-in or out-out from creating /128 and /32 static route towards interface. Achieving mostly same result, except for in local device where edge interfaces can reach customer and your side.

Are you advocating not advertising customer linknetworks within your own organization?

I know of a use cases where linknetworks must be globally accessible. At least the customer's linknetwork IP address. So, not advertising them (or at least an aggregate for them) would be problematic.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die