nanog mailing list archives

Re: Proving Gig Speed

From: "K. Scott Helms" <kscott.helms () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2018 08:00:09 -0400

That's absolutely a concern Mark, but most of the CPE vendors that support
doing this are providing enough juice to keep up with their max
forwarding/routing data rates.  I don't see 10 Gbps in residential Internet
service being normal for quite a long time off even if the port itself is
capable of 10Gbps.  We have this issue today with commercial customers, but
it's generally not as a much of a problem because the commercial CPE get
their usage graphed and the commercial CPE have more capabilities for
testing.

Scott Helms