nanog mailing list archives

Re: Rising sea levels are going to mess with the internet

From: Rod Beck <rod.beck () unitedcablecompany com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2018 17:32:12 +0000

Steve,

You are simply wrong. The sea level is rising at an increasing rate. The average sea level will go up by 30 centimeters
to 1 meter by 2100. And of course, the storm surge will increase by a multiple of that.

Sources: NOAA.

It means access networks along the two coasts will be increasingly down.

r.

-