nanog mailing list archives

Re: ICANN GDPR lawsuit

From: Baldur Norddahl <baldur.norddahl () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2018 21:51:07 +0200

man. 4. jun. 2018 20.56 skrev Daniel Corbe <dcorbe () hammerfiber com>:

It occurs to me that operators might want to opt-in to have their data
published through PeeringDB.  From a purely pragmatic standpoint, I won’t
peer with anyone I can’t reach out to and if you don’t have a 24/7 NOC
chances are good that you’re going to get depeered the first time there’s
technical issue and I can’t reach you for help.

An academic exercise, for sure.   But one that would render this line of
thinking rather moot.

If it is a true 24/7 NOC you can not possibly expect a specific person to
answer the call. It will be whoever is on duty or on call at that time.

You do not need a name. Just the number and the email address. And that is
exactly what many operators put into peeringdb as is. No changes needed.

Regards
Baldur