nanog mailing list archives

Re: IPv6 faster/better proof? was Re: Need /24 (arin) asap

From: Mark Tinka <mark.tinka () seacom mu>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2018 10:25:49 +0200

On 23/Jun/18 13:17, Jared Mauch wrote:

I’ve found most folks doing Tik need the GUI, etc to interact with the devices.  I can’t say I blame them in some
ways either.  Have you tried to upgrade an IOS-XR device before?

If I'm honest, one of the reasons I continue to go with the MX480 in the
edge, as opposed to an ASR9000.

  One-click updates in Tik are much easier.  Even UBNT it’s fairly straightforward.  Personally I use Tik for layer-2
stuff, be it media converters or switches where there’s not some other alternative that makes more sense.  I’m
comfortable with a CLI, but most people I’ve tried to say “hey, use this it’s better” say “I can’t http/https to it,
the learning curve is too steep”.

I use the GUI myself. I've fiddled around with the RouterOS CLI, and
while it's not difficult to learn, I'm old and lazy now. The GUI is very
well laid out, does everything it says it's supposed to do, which is
fine by me.

Mark.