nanog mailing list archives

Re: Brocade unsupported transceiver?

From: Youssef Bengelloun-Zahr <bengelly () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2018 21:58:17 +0100

Hi,

We have been (and still) using all kinds of brocade hardware, including VDX from early NOS2.x

AFAIK, I couldn’t find an equivalent command to « unsupported transceiver ». So you will always get a syslog message,
but usually it won’t stop port from coming up.

Regarding to optical transceivers, re-encoded 3rd party transceivers work very well.

But when it comes to DAC, and we have tested a lot for them, usually we use « original » brocade DACs.

We also tested successfully IBM an CISCO DACs, they work just fine but you’ll the usual syslog message. However, DOM
information might be incomplete.

Best regards.