nanog mailing list archives

Re: SLA language about monitoring route leaks and inter-connection issues

From: Töma Gavrichenkov <ximaera () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2019 22:04:38 +0300

Peace,

On Mon, Aug 26, 2019, 9:54 PM Jared Mauch <jared () puck nether net> wrote:

We do our own internal monitoring of our announcements for now.

Good for you and your customers!  That is already a clear signal of an
extraordinary service to your customers.

Not to underestimate your effort which I respect, but the original question
was about the SLA language for that.  Do you have one, legally?

Our general
reaction is to deactivate sites where this is seen and work to understand
what
happened.

This is not clear to me, may I ask you to elaborate?  Deactivating a site
sounds like a local action while hijacking or leak is commonly an issue
affecting either all or a lot of sites.

--
Töma