nanog mailing list archives

Re: Weekly Routing Table Report

From: "Valdis Klētnieks" <valdis.kletnieks () vt edu>
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2019 06:24:47 -0400

On Sat, 31 Aug 2019 18:51:16 +0900, Masataka Ohta said:
Owen DeLong wrote:

With the current routing practice, the number will increase to 14M
with IPv4 and a lot more than that with IPv6.

I$B!G(Bm curious as to why you think that the number is bounded at 14M fo
IPv4 and why you think there will be so many more multi homed sites
in IPv6?

I don't think I must explain the current routing practice here.

Actually, maybe you *should* explain how it will grow to 14M IPv4 routes.

Are there 13 million /24s still out there to be allocated?  Where will these
routes come from?