nanog mailing list archives

RE: Best ways to ensure redundancy with no terrestrial ISPs

From: "Keith Medcalf" <kmedcalf () dessus com>
Date: Sun, 04 Aug 2019 14:05:51 -0600

On Sunday, 4 August, 2019 12:20, Mehmet Akcin <mehmet () akcin net> wrote:

I understand and share your frustration about forcing account
registration. We had no other way but to implement this as constantly
we had sources trying to download our data by examining our code. By
having access controls we were able to stop that. My team had
recommended user data controls after reviewing Geoserver, mapbox
requirements, if you know any other way please feel free to
recommend.

You permit anyone to view the code running on your web server?  Do you permit them to modify it too?
Nevertheless, just deny code viewing permission on your web server and only serve output of executing that code.
Quite simple.  And no one can steal your code (unless you let them into the room containing the web server).