nanog mailing list archives

Re: BGP topological vs centralized route reflector

From: Alain Hebert <ahebert () pubnix net>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2019 07:04:48 -0500

    Hi,

    Unlucky as always, we had issues with the chassis of a MX104 about every years since we installed.

    I thinking the vibration from the train track above our location might be having an effect on connectors in those chassis, but we never got a "autopsy" report back from JNP about the chassis we swapped.

    Oddly luck, we have ~40 VM servers in the rack beside it with a mix of mechanical and SSDs drive with 0 issues for the same time span.

    So mileage may vary.

-----
Alain Hebert                                ahebert () pubnix net
PubNIX Inc.
50 boul. St-Charles
P.O. Box 26770     Beaconsfield, Quebec     H9W 6G7
Tel: 514-990-5911  http://www.pubnix.net    Fax: 514-990-9443