nanog mailing list archives

RE: SHAKEN/STIR Robocall Summit - July 11 2019 at FCC

From: "Keith Medcalf" <kmedcalf () dessus com>
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2019 19:46:14 -0600

On Monday, 8 July, 2019 19:28, Michael Thomas <mike () mtcc com> wrote:

On 7/8/19 6:24 PM, Keith Medcalf wrote:

You are the only person who has mentioned reverse DNS lookups.

I'm only trying to guess what enlightens your misinformed world.

You claimed that the "root problem" was not knowing who the originator was.

I claimed that you ALWAYS must know who the originator is -- they are at the other end of the connection.

You want to do a "reverse DNS lookup" for some reason.

I still do not understand how doing a "reverse DNS lookup" will help with the identity at the other end of the
connection, since you already have to know that identity in order to perform a reverse DNS lookup...