nanog mailing list archives

Re: FB?

From: Selphie Keller <selphie.keller () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2019 15:11:52 -0600

Yeah I just saw that date and that is odd, I got the link yesterday from
somewhere and didn't notice the date was old.

They do mention the configuration change issue in this one though that is
dated today 14th -
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/facebook-instagram-down-wednesday-facebook-blames-server-configuration-for-longest-ever-outage/

From my understanding yesterday is they invalidated their world cache and
all the traffic hit their backend quickly overwhelming their servers. It
was strange that they didn't really talk about the issue just some brief
messages on their twitter saying it wasn't ddos.

On Thu, 14 Mar 2019 at 15:08, Luke Guillory <lguillory () reservetele com>