nanog mailing list archives

Re: Landing Stations used as datacenter

From: Javier J <javier () advancedmachines us>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2019 11:32:55 -0500

Owen of course. I was just expressing my humble opinion to the thread.
Cheers.

On Fri, Nov 15, 2019 at 8:41 PM Owen DeLong <owen () delong com> wrote:

I was neither defending, nor advocating the placement, merely attempting
to document some of the history.

Owen

On Nov 15, 2019, at 15:20 , Javier J <javier () advancedmachines us> wrote:

I would think that just a few extra fractions of a second from the cable
station to a DC/IX are better than a DC/IX near the beach where water can
wipe it all out. Preferably DC/IX should be on the 2nd or third floor IMHO
on some islands.

- J