nanog mailing list archives

Re: IPv6 Pain Experiment

From: Masataka Ohta <mohta () necom830 hpcl titech ac jp>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2019 11:41:12 +0900

George Michaelson wrote:

Personally, I choose to favour continued deployment of IPv6.

With

        I sometimes wish I understood why SRC was the first
        element off the wire, and not DST, Since rational
        ASIC/FPGA hardware can latch early on the SRC and
        begin routing faster if it appears in natural bit
        order first.

you are saying IPv4 is better than IPv6.

I do not favour the CGN v4 forever model,

As NAT can be modified in backward compatible manner
to preserve E2E transparency, don't mind.

                                        Masataka Ohta