nanog mailing list archives

Re: [External] Re: 10g residential CPE

From: Mark Tinka <mark.tinka () seacom com>
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2020 19:38:32 +0200

On 12/27/20 18:14, Michael Thomas wrote:

We have both, and are going to get a battery. But the battery would probably only be good for about a day which is not enough, especially with these planned shutoffs because they have to inspect their wire plant in daylight.

If you can add some solar panels to that, you would be in a better position to prolong the battery's utility.

I'd say dump the generator, and invest that money in solar panels, rather. Batteries are way more costly than panels, and if you can have both, you're going to be better off in the long run.

Mark.