nanog mailing list archives

Re: power to the internet

From: "John Levine" <johnl () iecc com>
Date: 2 Jan 2020 18:04:53 -0500

In article <CAL9Qcx5PkJ1RZqjrUiKoGe=1+oOwSc6zkhPFemJGn_EV2ur=Qw () mail gmail com> you write:
It helps that we have a 2.6GW pumped storage generation facility near
Niagara Falls. :)

It does, but all that power goes to the munis, not the commercial
company that supplies me.  We do import a lot of hydro power from
Quebec.  There's another power plant the same size on the other side
of the river that provides power for Toronto.