nanog mailing list archives

Re: Anyone running C-Data OLTs?

From: Brandon Martin <lists.nanog () monmotha net>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2020 20:16:55 -0400

On 7/10/20 6:22 PM, Alexander Neilson wrote:
I haven’t checked (on mobile) but those affected model numbers could confirm if it’s OLT, ONT, or both. Possibly the confusion could come from the bug affecting both.

All of the part numbers I was able to find a description of (after sifting through the numerous pages copying the vulnerability disclosure) appeared to be low-cost, low- to mid-density pizza-box EPON OLTs. I didn't see any ONUs, but then I also didn't find data on everything.

I know a low of EPON deployments go for all-in-ones with the ONU, router, WLAN, etc. integrated into a single box presumably because it's cheaper for initial deployment than separate boxes for ONU and CPE router/AP. No indication of those being affected in this notice, at least that I could find.

--
Brandon Martin