nanog mailing list archives

Re: AT&T is suspending broadband data caps for home internet customers due to coronavirus

From: Dan White <dwhite () olp net>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2020 13:38:49 -0500

On 03/17/20 19:25 +0100, Alexandre Petrescu wrote:

Le 17/03/2020 à 19:17, Dan White a écrit :
Things have been eerily quiet where we are (Oklahoma). We're an eyeball
network and have had no noticeable changes in bandwidth usage that couldn't
be explained by statistical noise.

We keep game planning more and more contingency scenarios, waiting to jump when needed, but things have just been unexpectedly normal.

Perhaps we're behind the game in impact. I'd be curious to hear about
networks that are "ahead of us", and what the impact has been.

I am not a sysadmin of a Network, but a few hours in advance.

The bad news: I can ask you how many cases in Oklahoma?

The good news: there is news about medication.

By "ahead of us", I'm hoping to glean some operational experience from
European, or networks in larger cities with a more impactful lock
down.

We seem to be going down the same lines of lock downs, and shelf clean
outs, just a few days/weeks behind what I've been seeing in the news.

I get nervous anytime I hear a school administrator or public official
blast out "or binge-watch your favorite shows on Netflix, and of course,
wash your hands a lot!"

Fortunately the health impact has been minimal here.

--
Dan White
Network Admin Lead