nanog mailing list archives

Re: dot-org TLD sale halted by ICANN

From: james jones <james.voip () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 1 May 2020 07:56:06 -0400

I don't know if this feasible, I would rather see the ORG TLD in the hands
of a nonprofit. That is just a personal feeling. I don't how practical that
would be though.

-James

On Fri, May 1, 2020 at 7:20 AM Lee <ler762 () gmail com> wrote:

On 5/1/20, Bill Woodcock <woody () pch net> wrote:

On May 1, 2020, at 6:19 AM, Andy Ringsmuth <andy () andyring com> wrote:
https://www.theregister.co.uk/2020/05/01/icann_stops_dot_org_sale/
I know this has been bantered about on the list in the past. Great
(IMHO)
to see this happen.

Yeah, this is an excellent result in the first-half of the fight. Now
that
we know who won’t be acting AGAINST non-profits, we need ICANN to run the
competitive process again to find who will act FOR non-profits.

Wasn't the price cap removal what started this mess in for first place?

Put the price cap back on for .org domains and then start the process
for finding a new home for .org

Regards,
Lee