nanog mailing list archives

Re: Switch for SFP+

From: Mauro Gasparini <mjgasparini () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 14 May 2020 10:46:21 -0300

Thank you. The problem is that to get a price lower than U$D 3000 I have to resort to a used device.

El 14/5/20 a las 01:08, Mehmet Akcin escribió:
Used Juniper QFX5100-48T will do it. Probably overkill but you can grab one cheap @ebay

On Wed, May 13, 2020 at 16:36 Mauro Gasparini <mjgasparini () gmail com <mailto:mjgasparini () gmail com>> wrote:

    Good afternoon.

    I'm looking for a switch with the following capabilities:
    . transport for more than 20 gbps
    . link aggregation LACP
    . slots for SFP+
    . seamlessly when trunking vlans through the link aggregation.

    And essentially that doesn't exceed US$D 2000 and is compatible with
    10GBASE-ER and/or 10GBASE-ZR modules that are not from the vendor
    itself
    (e.g. SPFs: Huawei, Mikrotik, Sumitomo, OEMs).

    If any of you have a good experience with a device that meets these
    requirements (which are minimal with the exception of price and
    compatibility) ?

    Regards.
    Mauro Gasparini

--