nanog mailing list archives

Re: Cable Company Hotspots

From: Lady Benjamin PD Cannon <ben () 6by7 net>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2020 15:30:49 -0800

Rod, that’s exactly how they are delivering it. Unclear wether it’s over a separately provisioned bandwidth channel, or
wether it shares the aggregate capacity of the HFC.

I tend to agree, as the only hotspot service, customer CPE is generally inadequate.  However it can be a nice
supplement, and some carriers are now experimenting with unlicensed CBRS chipsets in their CPE as well.

—L.B.

Lady Benjamin PD Cannon, ASCE
6x7 Networks & 6x7 Telecom, LLC
CEO
ben () 6by7 net <mailto:ben () 6by7 net>
"The only fully end-to-end encrypted global telecommunications company in the world.”
FCC License KJ6FJJ