nanog mailing list archives

Re: Incorrect GeoIP filtering of 185.83.72.0/22

From: Brian Ellwood <bellwood.bulk () inoc net>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2020 21:58:35 -0400

Adam,

ip2location.com has that IP block listed as "(DCH) Data Center/Web Hosting/Transit” which we’ve seen cause issues for
residential users in the past, most notably on Cogent IP space.

We worked with support () ip2location com to have the address block re-analyzed and updated to "(ISP) Fixed Line ISP”
which resolved many of the issues users had accessing various streaming CDN services.

HTH