nanog mailing list archives

Re: New minimum speed for US broadband connections

From: Christopher Morrow <morrowc.lists () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2021 13:49:17 -0400

On Mon, Aug 23, 2021 at 8:44 AM Alejandro Acosta <
alejandroacostaalamo () gmail com> wrote:

Hello there,

   The other day I was in a place with a very limited internet access
and I recalled this thread. Sometimes speed is important and many times
also the amount of data we transfer is too.

   I wonder (sorry if there is and I'm not aware of) some kind of data
per month suggestion/definition?,  1GB, 10 GB, 50 GB, 100 GB?

   I mean in the same way there is a minimum speed definition, there
could be also a minimum "data per day/month" definition", am I right?.

perhaps you've also seen:
   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZfZj2bn_xg

there are datacaps on a bunch of US broadband deployments (policies?) ...