nanog mailing list archives

Re: Reminder: Never connect a generator to home wiring without transfer switch

From: Mark Tinka <mark@tinka.africa>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2021 19:35:10 +0200

On 8/31/21 17:07, Warren Kumari wrote:

Depending on what you mean by furnace -- in some places, the term is used to cover basically any permanent (usually non-wood) heater. We have something like this in a holiday/weekend property: https://www.vermontcastings.com/products/radiance-direct-vent-gas-stove?page=Options <https://www.vermontcastings.com/products/radiance-direct-vent-gas-stove?page=Options>

Pretty much all the furnaces I've seen in southern Africa are wood-fired, with a vent that trails up into the ceiling, or comes out of the house as a chimney.

The heat is radiated either via the vent or directly from the front access, or both.

Mark.