nanog mailing list archives

Re: New minimum speed for US broadband connections

From: Baldur Norddahl <baldur.norddahl () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2021 10:50:15 +0200

On Thu, Jun 3, 2021 at 12:47 AM Seth Mattinen <sethm () rollernet us> wrote:

UBNT's AirMax line is not "wifi". Their LTU line isn't either.

Mike and Josh are actual WISP operators. You've stated you have no WISP
experience. Listen to them.

Neither will listen to me when it comes to FTTH so nah :-)

Seriously, it appears to me that both are speaking from a legacy point of
view. The equipment deployed does neither use the new frequencies available
now, nor OFDMA which is a game changer. If nothing changes, 5G will beat
their pants off hands down.

Regards,

Baldur