nanog mailing list archives

Re: Perhaps it's time to think about enhancements to the NANOG list...?

From: Brielle <bruns () 2mbit com>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2021 17:52:23 -0600

On Mar 20, 2021, at 3:44 PM, Tom Beecher <beecher () beecher cc> wrote:

A large portion of these emails lately have contained some variation
of 'contact me off list'. How does that provide any benefit to the
community? Is anyone else in the community getting any information
about what providers may be on a pathway that would help them? They
are not.

This is how I’m viewing a lot of this too.  It’s like the posts on stack exchange et al, Reddit, and various forums
that are just closed with “fixed” and no details or follow up.

Kinda defeats the whole purpose of a mailing list with an archive since the same questions can come up again and again
and no actual answers to the questions.