nanog mailing list archives

Re: FCC to Consider New Rules to Combat International Scam Robocalls

From: Jay Hennigan <jay () west net>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2022 16:57:21 -0700

On 4/27/22 15:33, Michael Thomas wrote:

So I have a question. Suppose that I wanted to report a call as being spam to my provider, say. With email, I can just send them a message with the full headers since it's in my inbox. There isn't the equivalent for an inbox for voip, so that would require the provider to keep records of the signaling, right? I mean it could be kept on the phone if it's terminating SIP, but it seems like the provider keeping records would be more efficient. What I want is a spam button on the ones that it doesn't say are a scam.

With AT&T and perhaps others, you can forward the message to 7726 (spells SPAM on the keypad) and they'll reply asking for the originating phone number or email address.

--
Jay Hennigan - jay () west net
Network Engineering - CCIE #7880