nanog mailing list archives

Re: home router battery backup

From: Grant Taylor via NANOG <nanog () nanog org>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2022 12:44:15 -0700

On 1/17/22 3:39 PM, Jordan wrote:
One of these, the one originally used for DSL, would always go down for both voice and data when the SLC lost power-- no DC, no dialtone, no DSL, while the other two remained up. Despite several claims of a resolution, this was never properly fixed

I never had that specific problem. But I occasionally had problems with repairs on B1s, a.k.a. "Life saving service" lines. I had a couple of times that I had to threaten going to the Public Utilities Commission in the state for the ILEC's failure to repair a line.

I'll give the first failed repair gratis. I make a comment when scheduling the second repair that they really need to fix it as I'd hate to have to report the failure to the PUC. The third repair was more along the lines of "you fix this (now / on my time frame) or I am reporting this with full details to the PUC". Thankfully I only had to report things to the PUC one time.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die