nanog mailing list archives

Re: Telia is now Arelion

From: bzs () theworld com
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2022 16:14:51 -0500

See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RealNames

On January 20, 2022 at 11:16 nanog () nanog org (Aaron C. de Bruyn via NANOG) wrote:
On Wed, Jan 19, 2022 at 10:29 AM james.cutler () consultant com <
james.cutler () consultant com> wrote:

    As in any other company, the Marketing Department has to find some activity
    to prove their worth.

I don't think you realize just how much effort you have to put into finding a
vaguely pronounceable .com domain in today's world.
Marketing probably spent months asking the tech staff to do whois lookups for
them until they found something vaguely marketable.

I'm sure we'll eventually get back to AOL keyword searches and let anyone
register any random TLD they want.  Just email aaron@isawesome.
What?  No .com?
Nope.
What's your website?
Just type the keyword..er...domain 'isawesome' into your browser.

-A

--
        -Barry Shein

Software Tool & Die    | bzs () TheWorld com             | http://www.TheWorld.com