nanog mailing list archives

Standards Compliant Mail Client Re: V6 still not supported Re: 202203211201.AYC

From: "Abraham Y. Chen" <aychen () avinta com>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2022 12:21:01 -0400

Hi, Blake:

1)    " so it's not a chore to tell what thread you're even replying to?   ":    I am lost by your statement. I start each of my reply by quoting a phrase or sentence of the message that I am responding to. To be sure the original message in included, I copy the last message following what I am writing. I also prefix it with the forum message tag such as in this case "NANOG Digest, Vol 170, Issue 20 Message: 33 ". This should be enough for anyone to follow in the latest exchange, as well as tracing it back in history from the NANOG Digest, if interested. Anything more could I do to ease your efforts without beginning to create a long tail to a thread?

2)    " ... a standards compliant mail client ...   ":    Please name the "standards" and list a couple software that comply with it. This is a topic that I am actually very interested in studying because eMails these days come in too many formats / styles. Please teach me.

Thanks,

Abe (2022-03-21 12:20)