nanog mailing list archives

Re: VPN-enabled advance fee fraud

From: Grant Taylor via NANOG <nanog () nanog org>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2022 12:00:45 -0600

On 3/21/22 11:30 AM, TJ Trout wrote:
We have carefully engineered our apps and VPN servers to categorically eliminate sensitive information. As a result, ExpressVPN can never be compelled to provide customer data that does not exist.

I understand and appreciate your architecture.

However, there seems to be one piece of information that you neglected / elided.

What will ExpressVPN do regarding /established/ connections? I would expect that network flows / netstat / etc. could provide some information for current, established, and ongoing.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die