nanog mailing list archives

Re: FYI - 2FA to be come mandatory for ARIN Online? (was: Fwd: [arin-announce] Consultation on Requiring Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) for ARIN Online Accounts

From: Robert Kisteleki <robert () ripe net>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2022 11:59:09 +0200

On 2022-05-30 11:45, tim () pelican org wrote:
On Sunday, 29 May, 2022 06:04, "Owen DeLong via NANOG" <nanog () nanog org> said:

I use google auth for several forced 2FA sites and a few sites where what I am
protecting is worth the hassle. One difficulty that quickly emerges is managing
and finding the correct Totp in the long unsorted list.

In case it's of help, Authy seems a much-improved UI over Google Auth, including searching, and sync between devices,
so e.g. your tablet can be your back-up key if your phone dies, is replaced, etc.

For a while google authenticator did not let you "export" (copy to another device) for "security reasons". Nowadays it does, not sure since exactly when. It also lets you search, so in these regards they are probably on par now.

Robert