nanog mailing list archives

Re: Standard DC rack rail distance, front to back question

From: Thomas Bellman <bellman () nsc liu se>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2023 16:39:40 +0200

On 2023-04-27 16:05, Dobbins, Roland via NANOG wrote:

There isn’t a standard for rack depth, AFAIK, but one typically sees
anywhere from 27in/69cm – 50in/127cm, in my experience.  42in/106.7cm
& 48in/122cm are quite common depth dimensions.

You are talking about the depth of the entire *cabinet*, right?
I.e, how much floor space it occupies.  Because the OP asked about
the distance between the front and rear mounting *posts*, not the
full cabinet depth.  (127 cm between the posts would require the
cabinet to be 150-160 cm deep at least, and I have never seen racks
that deep.  Last time I checked, the deepest racks from e.g. Rittal
were 120 cm.)

        /Bellman