nanog mailing list archives

(IETF I-D): Implications of IPv6 Addressing on Security Operations (Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-gont-opsec-ipv6-addressing-00.txt)

From: Fernando Gont <fgont () si6networks com>
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2023 07:44:58 -0300

Hi, All,

Recently, I happened to participate in an IPv6 deployment meeting with some large content provider, and said meeting included a discussion about how to mitigate some attacks using block-lists. These folks argued that they ban offending IPv6 addresses as /128s, following IPv4 practices.

So it seemed to me that some of the implications arising from the increased IPv6 address space were non-obvious to them. -- that has been the motivation for the publication of this document.

* TXT: https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-gont-opsec-ipv6-addressing-00.txt * HTML: https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-gont-opsec-ipv6-addressing-00.html

Comments welcome!

Thanks!

Regards,