nanog mailing list archives

Re: About emails impersonating Path Network

From: Martin Hannigan <hannigan () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2023 20:54:39 -0500

Is widespread impact confirmed?

Unfortunate. Our ASN’s and location contacts in PDB have not received
anything from Path. I looked in search engines (quickly) and see nothing
negative re: your ASN. I found a reference as new to the platform at AMSIX
7/21 for AS 396998. Lack of mail security bits on most platforms are
flagged or quarantined AFAIK. These are typically called “Joe Jobs”.  I’d
save the LEA path for more important things (credibility).

Warm regards,

-M<