nanog mailing list archives

Re: Starlink routing

From: Masataka Ohta <mohta () necom830 hpcl titech ac jp>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2023 11:59:55 +0900

Jorge Amodio wrote:

We are in the process of starting a new Working Group at IETF, Timer
Variant Routing or TVR.
https://datatracker.ietf.org/group/tvr/about/

Some of the uses cases are for space applications where you can predict or
schedule the availability and capacity of "links" (radio, optical)

Even though the current routing protocols have no difficulty
to treat unpredictable/unscheduled changes on links?

This gets sort of merged with DTN (Delay/Disruption Tolerant Networking.)

I have been saying that DTN is a reinvention of UUNET.

As such, it should be noted that, in UUNET, availability of
phone links between computers was scheduled.

                                        Masataka Ohta