nanog mailing list archives

Re: Suggestions for those attending NANOG 88 in Seattle

From: "Justin H." <justindh.ml () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2023 08:23:52 -0700

That's good to know.  I was thinking of parking at the Westin since it's a familiar garage for me.

Eric Kuhnke wrote:
One observation on that, for those who find themselves in the area of the Westin Building for ISP/telecom related work:

The Amazon HQ underground parking on 6th ave, with entrance literally across the street from the Westin Building, is available for the public to use. Entrance is on 6th ave between Virginia and Lenora. You don't need an Amazon access badge/etc to use it, standard pay upon exit system.  I believe it's marked on Google Maps as the "Amazon Doppler" garage.

It has slightly better prices than the Westin's own parking garage and the vehicle spacing is not bad, I have parked full size SUVs in it without too much trouble. Not that it's a good idea to leave bags or anything visible in an unattended vehicle in downtown Seattle, but the garage also has /slightly/ better security than your average unstaffed parking garage elsewhere in the city.