nanog mailing list archives

Re: Acceptance of RPKI unknown in ROV

From: Owen DeLong via NANOG <nanog () nanog org>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2023 13:37:21 -0700

I ask because there was discussion at the ARIN meeting and Kevin Blumburg made the suggestion that “in 2024, routes
will not be accepted without ROAs”.

I didn’t think this was likely, but as someone with resources for which I cannot create ROAs, it is a concern. So far,
I haven’t really seen a significant benefit to going to the trouble of creating ROAs, but I also don’t want to suddenly
find myself offline because I didn’t, so I figured it was a good idea to get a sense of the community on this.

Thanks to those that replied.

Owen