nanog mailing list archives

Re: TFTP over anycast

From: Bill Woodcock <woody () pch net>
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2024 10:57:52 +0200

On Apr 6, 2024, at 10:30, Ray Bellis <ray () bellis me uk> wrote:
On 27/02/2024 18:47, William Herrin wrote:
Then I'd write a script to monitor the local tftp server and stop frr if it detects any problems with the tftp
server.
There are other ways to achieve this without actually stopping the routing daemon.
We have DNS servers where the anycast service address is added to a loopback interface (lo1) and only advertised when
present.

That’s been the normal way of doing it for some 35 years now.  iBGP advertise, or don’t advertise, the service address,
which is attached to the loopback, depending whether you’re ready to service traffic.

                                -Bill