nanog mailing list archives

Re: DNSSEC & WIldcards

From: "John Levine" <johnl () iecc com>
Date: 15 Mar 2024 13:17:56 -0400

It appears that Niels Bakker <niels=nanog () bakker net> said:
* nanog () nanog org (Dennis Burgess via NANOG) [Fri 15 Mar 2024, 16:26 CET]:
So have *.app.linktechs.net that I have been trying to get to work,
we have DNSSEC on this, and its failing, but cannot for the life of
me understand why.  I think it may have something to do with proving
it exists as a wildcard, but any DNSSEC experts want to take a stab
at it ?

There are better mailing lists to ask this question (like
dns-operations at dns-oarc.net) but have you checked
https://dnsviz.net/d/www.app.linktechs.net/dnssec/ ?

I agree there are better places to ask, but here's a quick
diagnosis: your nameserver is returning the wrong answer.

What kind of server is it? Any modern nameserver should automatically
return the correct DNSSEC stuff for wildcard responses.

R's,
John