Nmap Development mailing list archives

NMap and Intel PRO/100+

From: Jens Vogt <vogje01 () yahoo com>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 04:26:30 -0800 (PST)

Hi all...

I'm trying to run namp 2.54beta30 on an W2k box using
a Intel PRO/100+ network card. After a lot of
debugging I found that the pcap library is not working
properly. The pd is -2 in readip_pcap. It turned out
that already the interface list is screwed up.

next_batch_no: 0 0
randomize: called
Starting pcap (null) eth0 1
pt.group_start 0 256
unblock_socket
get_ping_results
Using pcap
readip_pcap start -2
pcap start

Also windump reports:

windump: listening on
windump: Error opening adapter: Overlapped I/O
operation is in progress.

This looks like a pcap problem using this particular
interface type. I upgraded the driver to version 5.14
(latest version), but nothing new.

Any idea???

Best regards
Jens Vogt